The Main Properties of Crakehall Village

The Hall
- which stands on the east side of the Village Green has a typical Georgian façade, was built in and also enlarged to its present size in 1732 - it is fronted by a large gravelled forecourt. Formerly a country seat of the Duke of Leeds.
Crakehall Hall
Crakehall House Crakehall House
- a creeper clad 18th century house with its row of pantiled service cottages making a very pleasant sight bordering the north-west side.
The Bay Horse Inn
- a free house, dates back to the early 17th century when it was a blacksmith shop with stabling and sold ale.
Click here to visit our Pub!
or go via 'Local Facilities'.
A picture of the village Inn should appear here!
Water Mill. Crakehall Working Water Mill
- mentioned in the Domesday Book, the present building dates from the 17th century and its machinery was installed in the 18th and 19th centuries. Although ceasing to be a commercial operation for a time, it was restored to working order
in 1980 & again in 2010.
Now producing 100% stoneground wholemeal flour from English wheat.
Please contact, Lionel Green, if you would like to purchase flour.
Tel.: 01677 423240 or E-mail: from here!

The Mill is currently not open on a regular basis - so please see the Monthly What's On! pages for days that it is open.

Saint Gregory's Parish Church
- which actually stands on The Green, is set in a small churchyard - long since closed for burials - and was built in 1839. It was consecrated on 11th April 1840 by Charles Thomas Longley, the first Bishop of Ripon.

For more information and times of services, click here.
Parish Church
Village Shop and Petrol Station The Village stores/petrol station
- stands on the main road, at the entrance to the village from Bedale and sells a large variety of everyday groceries, frozen foods, milk, newspapers, petrol, diesel, paraffin and much, much more.

Closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
The Village Hall
- built in 1982 and extended in 1990 is extensively used for many village activities. It also houses the very beautiful 'millenium banner' made by ladies of the village Women's Institute and presented to the village in recognition of their 50th Anniversary in 1999.
You can see a full program of Events from the 'Local Facilities' or 'What's On!' pages.
.
Village Hall